Please confirm before check-in.Accomodation Contracts & Personal Data Protection Policy
Article 1. Scope of Standard Agreement
1. The Terms and Conditions for Accommodation disclosed herewith pertain to sales and services provided to the client, hereafter referred to as "Guest," and performed by the entity known as Motoyu Ryuusenkaku, hereafter referred to as "Ryokan." Items not specifically stated in this Agreement shall be subject to and governed by laws, regulations, and generally accepted practices of Hyogo Prefecture, Japan.
2. The Ryokan, at its own discretion, may, in accordance with any applicable laws, regulations, or generally accepted practices, conclude a special contract with the Guest. The provisions of this special contract shall take precedence over terms and conditions stated in this Agreement.
Article 2. Application for Accommodation
1. Guests wishing to stay at the Ryokan shall submit an application for an Accommodation Contract with the Ryokan by providing the following information:
(1) Name of the Guest(s);
(2) Date(s) of accommodation and estimated time of arrival;
(3) Amount of base accommodation charges (calculated using the Attached Table 1 for Base Accommodation Charges); and
(4) Other items deemed necessary by the Ryokan.
2. Requests for an extension of accommodation beyond the date stated in the application for Accommodation Contract shall be regarded as an application for a new Accommodation Contract.
Article 3. Acceptance of Accommodation Contract
1. An Accommodation Contract shall be deemed valid when the Ryokan has duly accepted the application as stipulated in Article 2. However, in the absence of confirmation of acceptance by the Ryokan, the application shall be considered invalid.
2. When an Accommodation Contract is deemed valid in accordance with the provisions of Article 3. Paragraph 1, the Guest is requested to provide a security deposit by a date specified by the Ryokan. The amount of the security deposit will be determined by the Ryokan based on a percentage of the base accommodation charges covering the Guest's entire period of stay (or first 3 days when the period of stay exceeds 3 days).
3. The security deposit shall be applied to the total amount of charges owed by the Guest for services, to fees assessed for late cancellation as stated in Article 7, or to fees assessed as reparations for damages as stated in Article 18. Any amount of the security deposit remaining after the payment of the accommodation charges or applicable fees shall be refunded at the time of the payment as stated in Article 12.
4. When the Guest has failed to pay the deposit by the requested date, the Ryokan shall consider the Accommodation Contract invalid. However, this determination shall apply only when the Ryokan has notified the Guest beforehand of a payment date for a security deposit.
Article 4. Special Contracts Requiring No Security Deposit
1. After an Accommodation Contract has been concluded between the Guest and Ryokan, the Ryokan, at its own discretion, may waive a security deposit.
2. In the event that the Ryokan has not requested a security deposit as stipulated in Article 3. Paragraph 2 and/or has not specified the payment date of the security deposit in its acceptance of the Accommodation Contract, a special contract shall be understood to exist between the Ryokan and Guest. This special contract shall be subject to the provisions stated in Article 4 Paragraph 1.
Article 5. Accommodation Contracts Entered through the Internet and/or e-Mail
1. Applications made via the Online Reservation System or e-mail shall be considered standard Accommodation Contracts subject to Terms and Conditions for Accommodation.
Article 6. Refusal of Accommodation Contracts
1. The Ryokan reserves the right to refuse applications for accommodation for the following reasons:
(1) When the application for accommodation does not conform to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions of Accommodation;
(2) When the Ryokan is fully booked with no available rooms;
(3) When the Guest seeking accommodation is deemed likely to act in a manner contravene to local laws, public order, or accepted moral behavior in regard to his or her accommodation;
(4) When the Guest seeking accommodation has a communicable disease;
(5) When the Ryokan has been requested to assume an unreasonable burden in regard to the Guest's accommodation;
(6) When the Ryokan is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities, facility malfunctions, or other unavoidable causes; or
(7) When the provisions of Article 4 of the Hyogo Prefecture Ordinances are applicable;
Article 7. Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Guest
1. The Guest is entitled to cancel the Accommodation Contract by notifying the Ryokan.
2. When the Guest cancels the Accommodation Contract in whole or in part due to causes for which the Guest is liable, the Guest shall pay a cancellation fee as listed in the Attached Table 2. Should the Guest fail to arrive without advance notice by 18:00 of the accommodation date (or 2 hours after the expected time of arrival), the Ryokan reserves the right to consider the Accommodation Contract cancelled by the Guest.
Article 8. Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Ryokan
1. The Ryokan may cancel the Accommodation Contract for any of the following reasons:
(1) When the Guest is deemed likely to act, or has acted, in a manner contravene to local laws, public order, or accepted moral behavior in regard to his or her accommodation;
(2) When the Guest has an communicable disease;
(3) When the Ryokan has been requested to assume an unreasonable burden in regard to his or her accommodation;
(4) When the Ryokan is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities and/or other causes of force majeure;
(5) When the provisions of Article 4 of the Hyogo Prefecture Ordinances are applicable;
(6) When the Guest violates the Use Regulations by smoking in bed, mishandling the fire extinguishing equipment, or performing other prohibited actions as specified by the Ryokan. (Acts of particular concern are those that could lead to fire or endanger public safety.)
2. In the event the Ryokan must cancel the Accommodation Contract due to reasons listed above in Article 8 Paragraph 1, the Ryokan shall not charge the Guest in the remaining contractual period for any services the Guest will not receive.
Article 9. Registration
1. The Guest shall provide the following information to the front desk of the Ryokan on the day of accommodation:
(1) Name, age, sex, address, and occupation of the Guest(s);
(2) Nationality, passport number, port and date of entry in Japan (non-residents of Japan);
(3) Date and estimated time of departure; and
(4) Other information deemed necessary by the Ryokan.
2. When the Guest wishes to pay accommodation charges prescribed in Article 12 by any method of payment other than Japanese currency such as traveler's checks or credit cards, the method of payment must be stated and approved at the time of registration with all the required information provided.
Article 10. Occupancy of Guest Rooms
1. The Guest is entitled to occupy the contracted guest room of the Ryokan from 15:00. to 10:00 the next morning. However, when the intended stay continues for consecutive days, the Guest may, with the exception of the day of arrival and departure, occupy the room continuously.
2. The Ryokan may, notwithstanding the provisions prescribed in Article 10 Paragraph 1, permit the Guest to occupy the room beyond the prescribed time. In this case, extra charges shall be paid as follows: 1,500 yen per person per hour
Article 11. Observance of Use Regulations
1. The Guest shall observe the Use Regulations established by the Ryokan and posted on premises.
Article 12. Payment of Accommodation Charges
1. An itemized list of the charges to be paid by the Guest is stated in the Attached Table 1.
2. Accommodation charges stated in Article 12 Paragraph 1 shall be paid using either Japanese currency or other methods of payment recognized by the Ryokan at the time of departure such as traveler's checks or credit cards. The Ryokan may request a certain method of payment.
3. Accommodation charges shall be paid even if the Guest has chosen not to utilize the accommodation facilities provided by the Ryokan.
Article 13. Ryokan Liability
1. The Ryokan shall compensate the Guest for damage caused by the Ryokan to the Guest in the fulfillment or non-fulfillment of the Accommodation Contract and/or related agreements. However, the compensation shall not be extended to damage caused for reasons outside the control or liability of the Ryokan.
2. The Ryokan has received certificates of excellence regarding the Fire Prevention Standard issued by the fire department and is covered for fires and other natural disasters by Liability Insurance for Japanese Inns.
Article 14. Procedures When Contracted Rooms Become Unavailable
1.The Ryokan shall, when unable to provide contracted rooms, arrange accommodation of equivalent standard elsewhere for the Guest insofar as it is practical and in agreement with the Guest.
2. When arrangements for other accommodations cannot be made notwithstanding the provisions of Article 14 Paragraph 1, the Ryokan shall pay the Guest a compensation fee equivalent to the cancellation fee. However, when the Ryokan cannot provide accommodation due to reasons beyond its control, the Ryokan shall not compensate the Guest.
Article 15. Procedures for Deposited Articles
1. With the exception of losses due to causes of force majeure, the Ryokan shall compensate the Guest for loss or damage occurring to goods, cash or valuables held for safekeeping at the front desk. Compensation, however, shall be limited to a maximum of 150,000 yen.
Article 16. Custody of Baggage and/or Belongings of the Guest
1. Should the baggage of the Guest be brought to the Ryokan before the arrival of the Guest, the Ryokan shall assume responsibility only when a request has been made and approved by the Ryokan in advance. The baggage shall be presented to the Guest at the front desk at the time of his or her check-in.
2. Should an item belonging to the Guest be found after the Guest has checked out and the ownership of the article is confirmed, the Ryokan shall inform the owner of the article's existence and ask for further instructions. Should the owner give no instructions to the Ryokan or ownership is not confirmed, the Ryokan shall keep the article for 7 days including the day it was found. After this period, the Ryokan shall turn it over to the nearest police station.
3. The Ryokan's liability in regard to the custody of the Guest's belongings in the case of Article 16 Paragraphs 1 and 2 shall be assumed in accordance with the provisions of Article 15 Paragraph 1.
Article 17. Liability in Regard to Parking
1. The Ryokan shall not assume any liability for vehicles parked by the Guest on the premises even when the Ryokan is in possession of the key to the vehicle. However, the Ryokan may decide to compensate the Guest if damage is caused through the gross negligence on the part of the Ryokan
Article 18. Liability of the Guest
1. The Guest shall compensate the Ryokan for any damage caused through either the intention or negligence of the Guest.
1) Ryuusenkaku ("Ryokan") handles customers' personal data in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations.
2) Customer personal data (name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, occupation, nationality and passport number as well as requested services such as dinner plans) are used for the purposes listed below.
(a) Provide services such as meals during stay;
(b) Contact customer to confirm reservation;
(c) Improve quality of services offered at this Ryokan;
(d) Enable this Ryokan to contact guest after stay (such as informing customer of a forgotten item);
(e) Include on the Ryokan homepage [Ryuusenkaku Photo Gallery];
(f) Comply with laws and regulations.
Note: Photos and other guest information [stated in item (e)] will only be included with the consent of the guest.
3) Guest information shall not be provided to third parties except in the following circumstances.
(a) When the customer has requested arrangements from other tourist organizations;
(b) When the guest's travel agency requires information;
(c) When an emergency situation occurs such as sudden illness or injury to the guest and consent cannot be provided;
(d) When Ryokan information is required for services by associate companies entrusted to perform work;
(e) When disclosure is required by governing laws and regulations.
4) Measures for protecting the customer personal data have been taken based on privacy protection bills and related laws.
(a) Customer personal data is strictly managed and controlled;
(b) Employees responsible for data management are thoroughly trained in protecting personal data;
(c) Associate companies entrusted to perform work for the Ryokan are bound by contractual agreements to take sufficient and necessary measures to protect customer personal data.
5) Request by customer for termination or amendment
(a) Upon request of the customer we shall immediately and fully disclose the current information on the contents of our record concerning the customer. Should extenuating circumstances cause a failure to immediately disclose the contents, we shall give a prompt explanation as to the circumstances;
(b) Should the customer, after the reconciliation of accounts, request termination in the use of personal data, we shall comply with the customer's request within the range of applicable laws and regulations;
(c) Concerning the procedure for termination or amendment in the use of customer personal data, please be advised that a service charge may be applicable in accordance with Ryokan policy and regulations.
Attached Table 1
Method for calculating charges for accommodation and services.
(Refer to Article 2 Paragraph 1 and Article 12 Paragraph 1)
Attached Table 1
Method for calculating charges for accommodation and services.
(Refer to Article 2 Paragraph 1 and Article 12 Paragraph 1)
1. Base Accommodation Charges (Room Charges and Breakfast/Dinner Charges)
2. Extra Meals and Drinks (Other than Standard Breakfast/Dinner) and Other Expenses
3. Service Charge: 15% of Items 1 and 2.
4. Consumption Tax: 8% of the Total Amount of Items 1 to 3
5. Spa Bath Tax: 150 Yen per Person
*Total Amount of Items 1 to 5: Required Payment by the Guest.
Attached Table 2 Cancellation Charge for the Ryokan (Refer to Article 7 Paragraph 2)
Attached Table 2
Cancellation Charge for the Ryokan (Refer to Article 7 Paragraph 2)
1. Cancellation fees are calculated as a percentage of the room rate for Base Accommodation Charges.
2. When the number of contracted days is reduced, the cancellation fee for the first day shall be paid
by the Guest regardless of the number of days reduced.
3. When there is a partial cancellation of a group booking of 15 people, the cancellation fee shall not be assessed for the number of people less than or equivalent to 10% of the total number of people booked as of 10 days prior to the date of occupancy. When accepted less than 10 days prior to occupancy, fractions are rounded up to whole numbers.